This Privacy Notice applies to all personal information collected by KiwiTicket about individuals (other than its own staff), whether or not it is collected via this website (kiwiticket.co.nz). KiwiTicket is committed to complying with the Privacy Act 2020 in respect of all personal information it holds.
This Privacy Notice sets out how and why KiwiTicket collects, uses and discloses personal information. It categorises the personal information collected by KiwiTicket, and the purpose it is used for, across the different types of people that it collects personal information about.
Registering as a customer: We collect the bare minimum of personal information from you: name and email address. We use this to generate a unique identifier to identify you in our systems from other customers and administer your account.
Purchasing and transacting event tickets: If you purchase event tickets, then we will also collect and in addition to the uses we make we will use of your personal information to:
- identify you as ticket holder on those tickets;
- obtain payment verification via our third party payment provider Stripe (see below);
- share with the relevant event promoters;
- communicate with you regarding your ticket purchase;
- do anything else required to transact your tickets; and
- our general business purposes e.g analysis (see 'Website users' below) and product improvement.
Our specialist third party payment provider Stripe retains all your payment details and what payment method you used. We don't retain any of this information and as a user of Stripe we can only see the last 4 digits of your payment details and what payment method you used. Stripe is certified as PCI DSS compliant (Level 1) and encrypts payment details at rest. More details about Stripe's security are here.
Customer service and complaints: Another way KiwiTicket collects personal information is because you enquire of, or complain to, KiwiTicket. KiwiTicket will only use the personal information provided to provide you with advice and assistance sought, to share with the promoter and to assist with resolving any complaints.
Promoters and Suppliers
KiwiTicket collects your name and email address, plus any details of events which are clear from the upload form e.g. venue, how many tickets are offered, dates and event descriptions and artwork. We use this to:
- generate a unique identifier to identify you in our systems from other customers and administer your account;
- track any events you upload to our website;
- track payments due and made to you;
- generally communicate with you and forward on/ resolve complaints and correspondence with customers;
- assist our general business purposes e.g analysis (see 'Website users' below) and product improvement.
KiwiTicket collects the usual personal information about the employees of a business or organisation and its subcontractors and uses it to maintain a business to business relationship and obtain the benefit of its business agreement or arrangement. This can include name, contact details, role, employer, bank account and GST numbers and any other personal information disclosed during the relationship.
We use third party analytics tools (currently Google Analytics and Events) to collect statistical information about your visit to help us improve the site. This information includes information such as:
- your IP address
- the search terms you used
- the links and buttons you clicked on and the actions you took
- the date and time you visited the site
- the referring site (if any) through which you clicked through to the web site
- your operating system and the web browser you used (for example Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox)
- other incidental matters such as screen resolution, the release of your installed Flash version and the language setting of your browser;
- behavioural information relating to age, gender, and interests (on an anonymous and aggregate level).
The information collected via these analytics tools helps us to understand how our website is being used, to gain insights about how we can improve the functionality and user experience of our website, and to understand browsing behaviour to give you a better experience whilst visiting our sites.
The website generates persistent session cookies for the purpose of monitoring site usage. Persistent cookies allow us to retain information and settings about a user for more than one session. They are stored on your device and will remain, even if the browser is closed, until they expire or are removed. You can disable them or clear them out of the web browser you are using to view this site without affecting your ability to use the site.
We collect any personal information you submit when you interact with any social media operated by KiwiTicket. We use it to interact with you and provide you with any services or information you request.
- Mailgun; and
- Google Firebase.
KiwiTicket takes security very seriously and uses reasonable and appropriate security protections to ensure that personal information in its care is not misused, lost, disclosed, modified or accessed without proper authorisation. Access to Personal Information held by KiwiTicket is limited to those employees, contractors or subcontractors of KiwiTicket who need it to do their job or perform a legitimate business purpose or function for KiwiTicket.
Rights of Access and Correction
To ensure your personal information is accurate and current, please notify us of any changes to your personal information as soon as possible. You may request access to, or correction of, any personal information KiwiTicket holds about you, by contacting KiwiTicket using the details set out under 'Questions, exercising your privacy rights and complaints'. If we refuse to make the correction you seek, you are entitled to ask for a statement of correction to be attached to the uncorrected personal information.
KiwiTicket will retain your personal information as long as it is required.
Questions, exercising your privacy rights and complaints
NZ Ticket Solutions Limited trading as KiwiTicket collects and holds the personal information set out in this Privacy Notice. For further information, to exercise your privacy rights or complain, please email us or write to us at this address:
The Privacy Officer
PO BOX 11572
KiwiTicket may amend and review this Privacy Notice from time to time. KiwiTicket will provide 30 days' notice of any change to this Privacy Notice by advertising on its website (such as with a banner). Any amendment applies from the date stated in that advertisement.